Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sæglópur

Soooooo... it's been a LONG time since I logged into my Umbrellasex blogger account, that's because I just recalled my email address for this blog... I fell victim to the "those-corny-email addresses-you created-when-you-were-12-and-can't-remember-after-12 years-syndrome". That's a long name for a long disease that haunts you for a long time. It's only appropriate. Haha, ANYWAY... I had an idea of what to blog about... and sooo I thoroughly investigated all the email addresses I created in the past to retrieve the password for my favorite blog. THIS IS SACRIFICE! (Unnecessary) :/

Okay, my blog entry today will be on my NAIL DESIGN! Not just that, I have a song for it! Well, the design came first, then the song came through my mind when I was looking at my nails. If my nails could play music, it would be that song - Sæglópur by Sigur Rós. 

Anyway, Sigur Rós is coming to Singapore on 23rd Nov!! I couldn't afford the ticket ($198, ish!) So I participated in Lush 995's giveaway! *crossing fingers* 

Words will not suffice, let the pictures do the talkin'! 
I included a video to show the design from another angle. (I accidentally took a video, wanted a photo, that's why I uhm.. said "NOOO")
Gray base with gold glitters


Sooo... Sæglópur means "Lost At Sea" in Icelandic (some say Hopelandic - gibberish words that sound like Icelandic), and I think the gray based really looks like the surface of the vast sea at night. The gold flecks act as the reflective surface of the sea when the moon shines upon it. Hmm, that's what I get when I look at my nails. 


Now, play the song and look at my nails. Explore your imagination, it could always be something else. Maybe next week, it'll look like a forest pond with glowing fish? Guess that's the beauty of Hopelandic, no meaning, it's up to you to interpret >.< 

I used: 
Base: OPI I don't give a Rotterdam (2 coats)
Glitter: Etude House LUCIDarling 04 (1 coat) 



No comments: